E-M:/ ACCESS Environmental Leadership Celebration - April 9, 2008

Title: ACCESS Environmental Leadership Celebration - April 9, 2008

Tickets may now be purchased on-line at www.accesscommunity.org/elc Please join us!

5th Annual Environmental Leadership Celebration

Awards Ceremony, Banquet, Silent Auction

April 9, 2008, 6:00 p.m.

Bint Jebail Cultural Center, 6220 Miller Road

Dearborn, Michigan

For over a decade, ACCESS has brought a unique and important voice to the environmental community as one of the only Arab-American organizations working on environmental issues in the nation. To keep this vibrant program growing, we need your support!

Join us for our 5th Annual Environmental Leadership Celebration Growing Leadership for the Future and support the next generation of youth leaders in creating a safer, healthier place to live, work and play.

ACCESS is proud to welcome keynote speaker Mohamad Chakaki, an environmental consultant and community development activist whose work spans the Arab nations and the United States. Mr. Chakaki will speak about the importance of youth and community leadership development, and his perspective as an Arab American and Muslim engaged in environmental and social justice work.

We will recognize Dr. Bunyan Bryant for a lifetime of leadership and commitment to environmental justice, and Shadia Wood, a nationally recognized youth leader on climate change and environmental justice. We will also recognize some of our most inspiring youth members with our Emerging Leader Award.

The evening also includes a silent auction fund-raiser, featuring items an autographed Detroit Pistons basketball, dining and entertainment packages, and much more!

Sponsorship opportunities are available. For more information, contact Kathryn Savoie, Environmental Program Director: (313) 216.2225, or ksavoie@accesscommunity.org

Kathryn Savoie, Ph.D.

Environmental Program Director

Arab Community Center for Economic and Social Services (ACCESS)

6450 Maple Street

Dearborn MI 48126

(313) 216-2225

ksavoie@accesscommunity.org