E-M:/ FW: SMEP Sustainability Science Seminar Announcement

Terry Link, Director

Office of Campus Sustainability

412 Olds Hall

Michigan State University

East Lansing, MI 48824

1-517-355-1751 (land-line)

1-517-432-1090 (fax)

www.ecofoot.msu.edu

One planet, One family, One future

The Sustainable Michigan Endowed Project is pleased to announce that Dr. Stuart Gage will be the first presenter of SMEP-funded research at our new seminar series called the SMEP Sustainability Science Seminar Series.  This seminar series will feature SMEP funded sustainability research*.

Sustainable Michigan Endowed Project Sustainability Science Seminar:

"Heartbeat of the City: Application of Sound to Assess Habitat Quality"

by Dr. Stuart Gage, Dept. of Entomology, MSU

Date: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 at 3:30 pm

Location: Green Room Union Building, refreshments provided

Professor Stuart Gage is a Professor in the Department of Entomology at Michigan State University.  He is also Adjunct Professor, Department of Zoology, College of Natural Science and Adjunct Professor, Department of Resource Development.  Gage is Associate Director of the Center for Global Change and Earth Observations. Gage is Director of the Computational Ecology and Visualization Laboratory. This Laboratory conducts research on spatial dynamics of features and functions associated with natural and human dominated landscapes.

*To take advantage of SMEP grant opportunities please visit our website at http://www.smep.msu.edu/grant.asp

Grants are available at various funding levels for highly competitive projects in three grant categories.  Proposals for all three types of grants are available on a continuous basis.  We are in the process of updating our RFP for 2008-2009, however we are still accepting grant proposals under the 2006-2007 RFP.