E-M:/ FW: Help Wanted - Student-led Day of Action - Fight Climate Change Injustice - April 4

Enviro-Mich message from "Rowe, Debra G" <DGROWE@oaklandcc.edu>

Hi there,
My name is James Kelly, and I am the chair and outreach director for the
National Student Day of Action to Fight Climate Change Injustice, a
student-led attempt to make our voices heard on issues of climate change
and development in Washington.  I would like to invite you to join us in
DC to ask your Senators to take action on climate change.  So far we
have signed up over 50 people with representation from 23 states - but
we've got a lot more ground to cover if we hope to make a truly
significant impact on April 4.

Registration deadline is quickly approaching - March 24.  Register
online today at vsa.vassar.edu/~operationdonation

Here are the states for which we have no representation:
Not Represented
ALABAMA
ALASKA
ARKANSAS
COLORADO
DELAWARE
HAWAII
ILLINOIS
INDIANA
KANSAS
LOUISIANA
MAINE
MARYLAND
MICHIGAN
MINNESOTA
MISSISSIPPI
MONTANA
NEBRASKA
NEW HAMPSHIRE
NEW JERSEY
NEW MEXICO
NORTH DAKOTA
OHIO
SOUTH DAKOTA
TENNESSEE
UTAH
WEST VIRGINIA
WYOMING
Join us today and make a world of a difference!

Thanks,
Jimmy Kelly '09, Vassar College
Chair and Outreach Director, NSDOA
nsdoa2008@gmail.com

National Student Day of Action to Fight Climate Change Injustice
April 4, 2008
Washington, DC

The National Student Day of Action to Fight Climate Change will bring
students together from across the nation to work with their Senators on
halting climate change in its tracks.  This is a student-led initiative
- organized by students and for students.  Students will converge on
George Washington University's campus to receive basic preparation
before heading to Capitol Hill to meet with their Senators.  Students
will lobby for a legislative agenda that combats climate change and
recognizes the way climate change will disproportionately affect
populations in the developing world.

The first ever National Student Day of Action happened on September 19,
2007; eighty college students from 17 colleges and universities
descended on Washington to meet with 45 Senators, fighting for equity in
the Farm Bill.  That battle is still being fought between the Bush
administration and Congress, but it appears that our efforts did help
inspire some measurable changes in the bill.

Join us on April 4 in Washington DC to fight for climate change justice.

See our website to register and for some useful documents to prep for
the lobby day.  As the lobby day approaches, we will begin to circulate
more documents and talking points.

http://vsa.vassar.edu/~operationdonation/

Questions?  Contact us at NSDOA2008@gmail.com

Register Now!  Registration deadline is March 24, 2008.

**Free Housing Available!**

See you in DC!
-National Student Day of Action Planning Committee

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." -Mahatma Gandhi
Join our Facebook Group:
http://vassar.facebook.com/group.php?gid=20980989904