E-M:/ Events! Shuman, Orr, End of Empire, Oil Crash, Paths to Sustainability!!!

Enviro-Mich message from Aaron Wissner <aaronwissner@yahoo.com>

* Tues., Mar. 25 - DVD & Discussion of Michael Shuman's talk on Improving Local Economies (7 p.m., Middleville)
* Tues., Apr. 1 - DVD & Discussion of David Orr's talk on Peak Oil, Climate Change, & The Future (7 p.m., Middleville)
* Sat., Apr. 19 - What a Way to Go! Life at the End of Empire (1 p.m., Grand Rapids)
* Sat., Apr. 19 - The Oil CRASH: A Crude Awakening (6:30 p.m., Middleville)
* Weds., Apr. 23 - What a Way to Go! Life at the End of Empire (6 p.m., Grand Rapids)
* Fri., May 30 - Kickoff -- Peak Oil & Climate Change: Paths to Sustainability conference (6 p.m., Grand Rapids)

..... Some Details .....

I'm pleased to announce a wonderful list of upcoming events, including several brand new ones! Some of these are so new, they aren't even on the web site yet!!!

TOMORROW (Tuesday) night, in Middleville, we gather to learn more about improving local economies in a sustainable manner with an fascinating, inspiring dvd talk from Michael Shuman. Next week, our last Tuesday event (for a while) as we sum up the issues with David Orr's fantastic look at Peak Oil, Climate Change, and the Future. Both of these events start at 7 p.m. at the Thornapple Township EMS building in Middleville.

On Saturday, April 19, as luck has it, we have two outstanding events. Early in the day, at 1 p.m., we screen "What a Way to Go: Life at the End of Empire" a brand new, fully-equipped auditorium at Grand Rapids Community College, in coordination with their Earth Club. That evening, at 6:30 p.m., we take a very close look at a key issue of peak oil with "The Oil Crash: A Crude Awakening". For an encore, we follow up with a second screening of WAWTG on Wednesday evening.

Friday, May 30 begins the culminating event for the spring, "The International Conference on Peak Oil & Climate Change: Paths to Sustainability". With over 30 speakers already on board, including Prof. Richard Heinberg, Dr. David Goodstein, Megan Quinn Bachman, Stephanie Mills, Julian Darley, Pat Murphy, Tom Stanton, John Richter, Rep. Vern Ehlers, Mayor George Heartwell, Kurt Cobb, Sharon Astyk, Anne Woiwode, etc., this event is taking off like a rocket! The web site is fully up and running including promotional materials, online registration, call of presentations, sponsorship/exhibiting/advertising opportunities and more. If you haven't registered yet for this event, please do, because the rate goes up after the first 200 seats are sold.

http://sustainabilityconference.org

More news later!

Best regards!

Aaron

--
Aaron Wissner
aaronwissner@yahoo.com

Local Future
http://localfuture.org

Value System: Gas Prices, Money, Peak Oil and The Future
http://valuesystem.livejournal.com

New Culture Videos
http://www.youtube.com/newculture