Re: E-M:/ Wish to unsubscribe

In a message dated 3/25/2008 8:21:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time, Gerrish.Harlan@epamail.epa.gov writes:
am retiring at the end of the month and this email address will be no
more.  You might want to delete it from your distribution list.

BTW, you people should seriously re-evaluate some of your notions.  Deep
well injection is a very viable and long-term sustainable means to
dispose of many industrial wastes.  Nothing has gone wrong at the EDS
facility in Romulus that routine maintenance in the surface facility
would not have prevented.  It is true that the previous management was
untrustworthy.

Harlan Gerrish
Geologist
Underground Injection Control Branch
EPA Region 5, Chicago, Illinois  60604
(312) 886-2939, (312) 886-4235 (fax)
gerrish.harlan@epa.gov
Speaking of notions do you seriously think that a deep well injection site in the state that is surrounded by 1/5th of the worlds available fresh water is smart?

Even a small child could figure out that it makes no sense.   A deep well injection site should be out in the middle of a state that is far away from any water source.  Where is the common sense?

I cannot even imagine that anyone thinks that there will be no ramifications down the road from this ,even works if they are "trustworthy".  Sorry to sound harsh, but is anyone there thinking with the future in mind?

"Nothing has gone wrong" only means there has been no disaster YET.  We could just as easily float the poisons out on a big secure tanker in the middle of one of the Great Lakes and use the same statement.   I am sure there is even a way to do that that is "viable and long-term sustainable."  The poisons are eventually going to end up in our water either way.

Just an opinion from someone who thinks that the word trustworthy has nothing to do with the potential disaster that will eventually unfold if such wells are in Michigan or any of the states surrounding the Great Lakes.

Edie Britt

I am retiring at the end of the month and this email address will be no