Re: E-M:/ Are We Ready to Track Carbon Footprints?

Keeping this simple. Larger scale (system?) activities have carbon footprints just as individual have activities have them. They help people understand the costs-benefits to make better choices and to pressure reluctant governments and businesses.

The footprint of a bottle of wine makes little difference in the great picture (but it is fun to think about and the idea does promote more thought); however, individual activities, e.g., transportation and home energy use, can be very significant.