E-M:/ Institute Employment Opportunity

Title: Institute Employment Opportunity
Dear friend,

The Michigan Land Use Institute is preparing to hire someone with great communication and organizing skills who wants to work on a major component of our Entrepreneurial Agriculture program as well as our land use and sustainable development efforts in our primary service area—the 10 counties between Manistee and Mackinac.

We’re looking for someone with proven skills as a journalist, commercial copywriter, or videographer who is also very good at networking, advocacy, and grassroots organizing.

The perfect candidate has a strong interest in our agricultural projects, particularly our Get Farming! initiative, as well as our overall Northwest Michigan program, which includes bringing Smart Growth principles to land use, development, transportation, natural resource protection, and energy issues at both the local and regional level.

Please pass this along to those you think might enjoy working for the Institute from our Traverse City office and who would be passionately committed to our cause.

There’s a more complete description of the job’s responsibilities and the background we’re looking for here <http://mlui.org/job.asp> .

Thanks a lot!

Jim Dulzo
Managing Editor