--- Begin Message ---
- Subject: Sociology Candidate Presentation - 4-7-08 4:00pm, Brule Room
- From: "Sehl, Tina" <email@example.com>
- Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 15:37:12 -0400
- Thread-index: AciU9t9/eF2vi4MhQCqZv7jDuyrG2AAAQsRg
- Thread-topic: Sociology Candidate Presentation - 4-7-08 4:00pm, Brule Room
Please join us:
Dr. Nahide Konak, Sociology Candidate Presentation
Monday, April 7th, 4:00pm, Brule Room UC
"Cyanide-Leach Gold Mining and Environmental Conflict:
The Bergama Environmental Justice Movement in Turkey"
Dr. Konak studied the strategies, networks and discourses of the movement.
Her presentation would revolve around the following questions:
What types of strategies/types of actions that the movement actors use?
What are their networks, what are their contacts?
How the actors frame or define the issues, problems, what are their concerns?
Did the movement reach its ultimate goal? How and why or why not?
Sociology & Social Work Department
Northern Michigan University
1401 Presque Isle Avenue
Marquette, MI 49855
--- End Message ---