Terry Link has. So have I. Write:

Mark Murray OR Doug Meijers OR Hank Meijers
Meijer
#2929 Walker Avenue NW
Grand Rapids, MI 49544

As citizens, we have two different kind of votes we can cast in the debate about our future.
One is at the ballot box on Election Day. The other is everyday we spend our money as consumers.
We should not give Meijers a free pass on this situation.

My thoughts.

Peace and good food,

Chris Bedford

Chris Bedford
Center for Economic Security
#6543 Hancock Road
Montague, MI 49437
231-893-3937
231-670-4817 (cell)

The Center for Economic Security produces programs, media, and campaigns to build ecological understanding among consumers and to promote ecological intelligence in private and public decisionmaking.

SLAPP lawsuits aim to intimidate

Meijer Inc. and developers for the Village at Grand Traverse LLC sued Hardin's husband, Ronald Hardin, among four Acme planning commissioners the developers personally targeted in 2004.

That's exactly what so-called SLAPP suits are supposed to do, experts said.

"It's an attempt by a powerful entity to intimidate and bully someone who doesn't have the same resources," said Stephen Tuttle, a political consultant who has researched "SLAPP" suits, in Acme Township in particular, for Traverse City attorney Grant Parsons, who sued Meijer on behalf of township Treasurer William Boltres.

http://www.record-eagle.com/local/local_story_017100241.html

Out to buy an election? Think big!
The citizens of tiny Acme (population 4,300) are in lather, and who can blame them?  After all, it isn't every day a major corporation tries to hijack your whole town.

I hope prosecutors investigating the recall effort hold Meijer's feet to the fire. But the more I learn about what Meijer did in Acme, the more it pales in comparison to the successful coup a still-unidentified group of corporate conspirators pulled off in their bid for control of Michigan's highest court.

Since 2000, the Michigan Chamber of Commerce has spent $6 million to promote the images of five Republican state Supreme Court justices (and smear the incumbents' Democratic challengers) in a series of TV ad campaigns. It's likely that those who bankrolled the initiative include insurers, retailers and other companies who've benefited directly from high court rulings curtailing the liability of corporate defendants.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080213/COL04/802130322/1001/NEWS