E-M:/ Jean Klock Park and Maytag/Whirlpool

Enviro-Mich message from LuAnne Kozma <luanne_kozma@yahoo.com>

Bill, Please go on the Friends of Jean Klock Park's
website

www.savejeanklockpark.org

and take a look at the letter Governor Granholm wrote
to Whirlpool CEO Jeff Fettig soon after the Maytag
merger. She wrote to the CEO of Whirlpool supporting
their development project, Harbor Shores.

Harbor Shores Community Redevelopment Incorporated is
not a non-profit in the true sense. It is a front
group for Whirlpool Corporation. It exists thanks to a
$12 million loan from Whirlpool. Whirlpool chief execs
sit on its board.

Who are their lawyers? Why, Dickinson Wright and
Warner Norcross and Judd.

The 990s are online.

Granholm took Mr. Fettig's campaign contributions, and
other Whirlpool chief execs, to get re-elected, which
brings us to the question: to whom is the governor
really accountable?

LuAnne Kozma
Defense of Place
www.defenseofplace.org

It is

<http://www.michiganmessenger.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=1132>http://www.michiganmessenger.com/showDiary.do?diaryId=1132

> > Question:  Where is Gov. Granholm in all of this?
> >
> > <http://bhbanco.blogspot.com/>bhbanco.blogspot.com
> >
> > BOYCOTT WHIRLPOOL & SUBSIDIARIES  (Amana, Estate,
> Gladiator Garage Works,
> > Insperience, Jenn-Air, KitchenAid, Magic Chef,
> Maytag, Roper, Acros,
> > Inglis, Bauknecht, Brastemp, Admiral, IKEA
> appliances, some Kenmore)

> > Alex J. Sagady & Associates
> http://www.sagady.com
> >
> > Environmental Enforcement, Permit/Technical
> Review, Public Policy,
> > Expert Witness Review and Litigation Investigation
> on Air, Water and
> > Waste/Community Environmental and Resource
> Protection
> > Prospectus at:  http://www.sagady.com/sagady.pdf
> >
> > 657 Spartan Avenue,  East Lansing, MI  48823
> > (517) 332-6971; ajs@sagady.com

> > ENVIRO-MICH:  Internet List and Forum for Michigan
> Environmental
> > and Conservation Issues and Michigan-based Citizen
> Action.   Archives at
> >
> > Postings to:  enviro-mich@great-lakes.net      For
> info, send email to
> > majordomo@great-lakes.net  with a one-line message
> body of  "info
> > enviro-mich"

> ENVIRO-MICH:  Internet List and Forum for Michigan
> Environmental
> and Conservation Issues and Michigan-based Citizen
> Action.   Archives at
>
> Postings to:  enviro-mich@great-lakes.net      For
> info,
=== message truncated ===