E-M:/ [Fwd: Ingham County Land Preservation Millage]

Enviro-Mich message from Phil Shepard <shepard@acd.net>

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Ingham County Land Preservation Millage
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2008 13:05:08 -0700
From: Sierra Club - Michigan Chapter <amanda.hightree@sierraclub.org>
To: Sierra Club - Michigan Chapter <alert@sierraclub.org>

Hello All,
The Ingham County Agricultural Preserve Board (P. Kindel Chairperson) has been actively working with the Ingham County Board of Commissioners for the past several years to place a farmland and open space preservation millage on the ballot . The county ordinance setting up the farmland and open space program was passed on July 27, 2004. At the April 16, 2008 Ingham County Board Leadership meeting the Board of Commissioners recommended moving forward to place a millage proposal of 0.14 mills for 10 years for farm and natural land preservation on the August 2008 primary ballot. Needless to say, we must move quickly and diligently to inform people about this program and the millage. A Committee for the Ingham County Land Preservation Millage is being formed and is hosting a kick-off meeting to begin the necessary work for running a campaign. We are looking for enthusiastic individuals passionate about protecting the natural resource base of our county and willing to
participate in the campaign. People able to work at all different levels of participation are needed. PLEASE join us at the kick-off meeting to lend your support! . If you would like to work on the campaign but are not able to attend the meeting, please let me know this by e-mail (kindel@msu.edu).

Committee for the Ingham County Land Preservation Millage kick-off meeting:
Wednesday, May 7, 2008 at 7:30 at the University Lutheran Church, Fellowship Hall (basement)
1020 S. Harrison Rd. East Lansing MI, 48823

If you have questions or would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me at 332-3091
Of course, the committee needs funds to run a campaign and is taking donations. In fact, immediate donations are needed to start the campaign. If would like to make a donation, make checks payable to Committee for the Ingham County Land Preservation Millage and mail them to:
Committee for the Ingham County Land Preservation Millage
c/o Paul Kindel, Treasurer
2915 Margate Lane
East Lansing, MI 48823
Any amount is appreciated! Thanks. Hope to see you on the 7th.