E-M:/ Land Trust Alliance Offering Strategic Conservation Planning Seminar

Please accept my apologies for any cross-postings.

-Laura.

Register Today for The Land Trust Alliance's One Day Learning Seminar:

Strategic Conservation Planning Through a Freshwater Lens

May 14, 2008 | Ann Arbor, MI

 ~ Registration Ends Wednesday, May 7 ~

It's a question all conservation organizations face:  "Given the urgency of development pressures, how can we focus on saving the most important land in our area when we have limited resources?"  The answer is "strategic conservation planning."  But, what exactly is it, and how can it be used to protect critical freshwater resources?

Come join your colleagues within the Great Lakes watershed to learn the basics of strategic conservation planning, from exploring the major components of a successful planning process to investigating various high-tech and low-tech methods and decision-aiding tools used in crafting conservation plans.  Don't miss this opportunity to connect with your colleagues who are working with freshwater issues and learn new tools that you can use to pull together a well-reasoned strategic conservation plan.

The cost is $75 for Land Trust Alliance members and $95 for all others.  This registration fee covers related handouts, the Land Trust Alliance book “Protecting Surface Water Quality with Conservation Easements”, continental breakfast, refreshments, and lunch.

Visit http://www.lta.org/training/lct_mw.htm to register online and download additional information about the seminar.

Questions? Please contact midwest@lta.org or 269-324-1683

With thanks to our presenters:  The Conservation Fund, Freshwater Future, the Institute of Water Research at Michigan State University, and National Wildlife Federation.

Special thanks to the Charles Stewart Mott Foundation for their generous support of this training opportunity.

Laura E. Eklov

Midwest Program Associate

Land Trust Alliance

6849 S. Sprinkle Road