Re: E-M:/ Unwanted snakehead invades Arkansas - Potential Great Lakes problem

How about fresh water jellyfish from China (Science 317:1839, 2007)? These apparently came in with aquarium plants from the Yangtze River valley.

Regarding snakeheads, there have been several observations of in natural areas along the US east coast over the past several years. This is old stuff.

More information at the International Nonindigenous Species Database Network website:
<http://www.nisbase.org/nisbase/index.jsp>

Is anyone minding our environment or even our safety (that includes food and drugs)? Is anyone applying common sense?

A skeptic would have to say no, and the Katrina response, poisoned gluten food supplements, poisoned heparin, etc. could be offered as evidence, but that is getting off-topic. A skeptic might also conclude that the movement to eliminate government is aimed at these inconveniences for special interests.

I would guess that many knowledgeable government employees would like to help, but they are simply (deliberately?) understaffed and overriding by politicians. I believe this applies to MDEQ and the Army Corps.

Being an optimist, I hope some political reform/change is on its way.