Re: E-M:/ Shocking Vote on Great Lakes Waters

Linda and others,

International water interests are using the Farm Bureau as their cover with state lawmakers. The proposed legislation in the House has essentially exempted agricultural operations from permitting and yet the Farm Bureau is carrying the water for those seeking to exploit and export our treasured streams, rivers and groundwater. During the floor debate yesterday private water interests stepped aside and let the Farm Bureau do their bidding outside the House chamber. Unfortunately, lawmakers are falling for their arguments ... or, more likely, their checks.

Fortunately, we still have a fighting chance to make sure the House gets it right. Four bills were voted out yesterday and the three remaining bills will likely be taken up next week.

Now is the time to inundate lawmaker offices demanding they fight for our water and stand up to the corporate interests wishing to seize control of our water. House members must support the remaining three bills pending before the House.

Cyndi

Cyndi Roper, Michigan Director
Clean Water Action
1200 Michigan Ave.
East Lansing, MI  48823
Office: 517.203.0754

Linda Cree wrote:
What is going on?  This vote is a cave-in to corporations hoping to privatize and withdraw waters from the Great Lakes Basin, not a protection.  -- Linda Cree, Michigan's U.P.