E-M:/ Toledo Blade on Fermi 1 fire

I am not an expert, but this leaves the public with many unanswered questions. Have there been fires before? Are there filters actually in place and able to catch respirable particles that would ensue from a fire and smoke? I would hope that the complete evaluation will be made open to the public. -Kay Cumbow

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080522/NEWS07/805220372
Article published Thursday, May 22, 2008
Fermi 1 fire emitted no radiation
NRC finding follows blaze in decommissioned plant

Snip: "Viktoria Mitlyng, an NRC spokesman, said the fire was presumed radioactive because liquid sodium was used to cool the plant's reactor. External monitoring continues, she said."

Snip: "The decommissioning project has been temporarily suspended, pending an evaluation. He said the utility is on schedule to have the site dismantled by 2012."