E-M:/ survivalism/environmentalism

Enviro-Mich message from "Anna Dorothy Graham" <grahama9@msu.edu>

An interesting new environmental movement? This concerns the "peak oil" movement. I suspect that we could develop alternative energy sources before more of this peak oil panic comes to pass, but it seems to have created a new generation of people living lightly on the land:

http://green.yahoo.com/news/ap/20080524/ap_on_re_us/environmental_survivalis ts.html

"Convinced the planet's oil supply is dwindling and the world's economies are heading for a crash, some people around the country are moving onto homesteads, learning to live off their land, conserving fuel and, in some cases, stocking up on guns they expect to use to defend themselves and their supplies from desperate crowds of people who didn't prepare.

The exact number of people taking such steps is impossible to determine, but anecdotal evidence suggests that the movement has been gaining momentum in the last few years ...."

Anna
Anna Kirkwood Graham, J.D., Ph.D.
"There is no trifling with nature; it is always true, grave and severe; it is always in the right, and the faults and errors fall to our share."
-- Goethe