Dear Enviro-Mich community,
After almost 14 years, I will be leaving my position as ACCESS Environmental Program Director in July. Please assist ACCESS in identifying a strong candidate for this position by passing this on to anyone who might be interested.
ACCESS is a wonderful organization to work for, and this is a great position for someone committed to environmental protection and environmental justice who wants to work in a community-based organization.
Kathryn Savoie, Ph.D.
Environmental Program Director
Arab Community Center for Economic and Social Services (ACCESS)
6450 Maple Street
Dearborn MI 48126
Environmental Program Director
The Arab Community Center for Economic and Social Services (ACCESS) is seeking to hire a Program Director to provide leadership and direction for our Environmental Program.
ACCESS is a non-profit community-based organization dedicated to improving the health and well-being of the Arab American community and others in Southeastern Michigan. ACCESS’ Environmental Program, established in 1995, raises awareness about environmental issues, advocates for environmental justice through improved environmental conditions and policies, and works to strengthen community capacity to respond effectively to environmental concerns.
Job Title: Environmental Program Director
Employment Type: Full-Time
Department: Community Health and Research
Location: 6450 Maple Street, Dearborn MI 48120
Essential Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Provide leadership and direction in creating, maintaining and expanding environmental programs that respond to the needs of the Arab American community, and the larger community of Southeastern Michigan
· Develop programs, events and activities according to program goals and grant requirements
· Lead agency involvement in environmental advocacy efforts at local, statewide and national level
· Responsible for grant writing, and fund development for the program
· Serve as liaison to funding sources, partner organizations, regulatory agencies and other interested parties, representing the interest of the agency
· Provide supervision and training of program staff, interns and volunteers
· Excellent oral and written skills
· Experience and knowledge in environmental field: environmental health, environmental policy, environmental justice, and/or environmental education
· Proven track record developing grants and other funding sources
· Experience developing and administering non-profit programs, and managing grant-funded projects
· Experience in community organizing, building coalition and/or facilitating partnerships
· Highly motivated with demonstrated committed to environmental protection and social justice
· Desire to work in a community-based setting
· Sensitivity to the needs of multicultural populations
· Bi-lingual in English-Arabic preferred
· Experience working with youth/teens preferred
Education/Experience: Ideal candidate should have a Master’s degree in environmental science, environmental policy, public health or related field, with minimum 3 years experience in a non-profit organization, or similar entity
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to:
Dr. Adnan Hammad
Director, ACCESS Community Health and Research Center