E-M:/ Dave Dempsey to speak at CACC/Lone Tree Council celebration

CACC/Lone Tree Council:
30 Years of Advocacy for Health of the Great Lakes!

Join us June 8th in Essexville!

Noted Great Lakes author and advocate Dave Dempsey will be the featured speaker on June 8th to celebrate CACC and Lone Tree Council?s 30th Anniversary.

Dempsey?s presentation, ?The Road Not Taken: Freeing Michigan's Environment and Economy from Corporate Control", will look at how Michigan?s leaders have failed to protect Michigan?s environment and what we, as citizens, can do to recover the health of our environment and waters in Michigan.

We are honored to display the Great Lakes Health Banner, depicting the ongoing struggle by 80 Great Lakes groups to stop persistent pollution in our communities.

Tim Joseph and Victor McManemy, treasured Great Lakes songwriters and musicians will kindle our spirits with music for the long haul!

The Celebration with buffet luncheon and cash bar will be held June 8th at 1pm at the Grand Banquet Center, 660 W. Hampton Road, Essexville, (Bay City). Tickets are $20 and available from: CACC: Gretchen Michaels, (248) - 628-7463 or Lone Tree Council: Mary Whyte-Manor (989)-684-8371.

Please contact either Gretchen or Mary before noon on Friday, May 30th if you are planning to attend. We cannot take orders for tickets after this Friday. Thanks! We hope to see you there!