Evidence suggests that
look at the chart in this site suggests the State of
Does Energy Efficiency Matter? (It’s only money and health and …)
· Successful commercial and industrial companies are energy efficient. Wal-Mart became highly efficient in many ways including energy use and prospered. K-Mart didn’t. Cutting energy costs contributes directly to profits and even corporate survival.
· Energy efficient homes allow residents to save and spend on better things (education, retirement, health care, mortgage payments) rather than just creating more smoke, CO2 and other pollution.
An Energy Efficiency Program is an Investment, not a Tax
· A mandated, state-wide, utility funded energy efficiency program would communicate and incentivise efficiency products and practices for residential, commercial and industrial electric and heating.
· Such a program would cost less than $1.00 per month on a typical home electric bill. But, it can offset the need for a new coal plant which would increase the monthly electric bill by $3.00 to $4.00 for decades.
· In addition to avoiding a coal plant charge on an electric bill, an energy efficient house can save over $50 per month on combined electric and heating bills.
There is Strong
Support for Energy Efficiency program in
According to a poll by
MUCC and NWF, 79% of
· Other polls confirm public support for energy efficiency.
Preliminary recommendations from the
Michigan Climate Action Council strongly support the need for an energy
efficiency program in
From the RCI workgroup: http://www.miclimatechange.us/ewebeditpro/items/O46F17860.pdf
From the Energy Supply workgroup: http://www.miclimatechange.us/ewebeditpro/items/O46F18008.pdf
efficiency will create
Surrounding States already have Energy Efficiency Laws and Programs
Surrounding states have already
passed stronger energy efficiency legislation (mandating energy efficiency
programs) which puts them far ahead of
Energy Efficiency Alliance
study indicates that
Energy efficiency is the quickest, cleanest and least expensive way to achieve our energy goals. It creates jobs, save rate payers money which can flow back into the state's economy and reduces CO2, pollution and health problems. Energy efficiency is an investment in waste and pollution reduction and pays many dividends.
The Senate, House,
other government, media and friends need to know of our support for energy
Take care, frank
A Concerned Citizen
Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars.