E-M:/ Green Lunch Seminar in Royal Oak WEDNESDAY!!!

Greening Oakland County One Lunch At A Time

Royal Oak, MI- Does the thought of building eight new dirty coal plants in Michigan make your blood boil?  Are you frustrated that Michigan is losing jobs because we don't require that a portion of our energy come from renewable resources?  Then join us and find out what is being done to make sure that Michigan has a clean energy future.

Join Clean Water Action, Sierra Club and Bean & Leaf Café (106 S. Main St.) for our Green Lunch Series on Wednesday June 25th from 12:00pm to 1:00pm to learn more about how Michigan can pave the way to a clean energy future.  And find out how you can get more involved with our Energy Independence and No Coal campaigns.

This summer our Green Lunch Series is expanding to Royal Oak!  Bean & Leaf Café is our new partner.  They will be hosting our Green Lunch Series at their Royal Oak Café.  Our mission is to provide Oakland County residents with the information they need to become even better stewards of the environment.  The lunches will be held the last Wednesday of the month from 12:00pm-1:30pm.

What:            Clean Energy Now

Who:             Clean Water Action

Sierra Club

Bean & Leaf Café

When:             Wednesday, June 25

12:00pm-1:30pm

Where:             Bean & Leaf Café

106 S. Main Street

Royal Oak, MI

Upcoming Green Lunches:

·        Wednesday, July 30 – 12:00pm-1:30pm – Bean & Leaf (106 S Main Street, Royal Oak)

Landscaping with Native Plants for Better Water Quality

Would you like a low maintenance yard, that is the envy of all your neighbors and helps protect the quality of Michigan's lakes, rivers and streams?  Then join us when Ruth Vrbensky from Oakland Wildflowers Farm and the Oakland County Conservation District educates us on how to landscape with native plants.

·        Wednesday, August 27 – 12:00pm-1:30pm – Bean & Leaf (106 S Main Street, Royal Oak)

Toxic Cupboard – What toxic chemicals are hiding in your cupboard?

Lead, Mercury, VOCs, HAPs, PVC, PBDEs, Deca… need help deciphering the alphabet soup?  Representatives from Local Motion will bring you up to speed on the toxic chemicals that are lurking in your home, how to read labels and how to replace dangerous products with safer alternatives.

·        Wednesday, September 24– 12:00pm-1:30pm – Bean & Leaf (106 S Main Street, Royal Oak)

Composting 101

Would you like to learn how to reduce the amount of trash that you're putting out at the curb and at the same time produce nutrient-rich soil to feed your garden?  Then join us when Lillian Dean, Certified Master Composter with the Southeast Oakland County Water Authority, will talk with us about how to turn your trash into gardening gold.

--

Lynna Kaucheck
Community Organizer

1723 W. 14 Mile Rd.
Royal Oak, MI 48073
(248) 549-6357
(248) 549-6483 Fax
(586) 556-8805 Cell

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you receive this message in error, please notify me immediately by email, telephone, or fax, and delete the original message from your records. Thank you.