E-M:/ Other states cash in on going green

Title: Other states cash in on going green
Dear friend,

With the Michigan Energy Fair kicking off tomorrow with a visit from Governor Granholm, and with the state Legislature still floundering on energy policy reform, we’ve got a news article from Keith Schneider documenting just how successful states with well-designed green energy policies are doing. The story also has a really cool map of wind-power potential across the U.S.--note the red dots right next to Michigan!

http://mlui.org/landwater/fullarticle.asp?fileid=17245

And while you’re cruisin’, we invite you to check our “Coal Page”--which collects our journalism on coal and green energy in Michigan. We’re calling our series Michigan’s Coal Rush: The Power to Change. It’s right here:

http://mlui.org/landwater/coal.asp?key=7&sub=29&proj=73

Hope to see you in Onekema, a little north of Manistee, this weekend! We, along with our Sierra Club and Michigan Energy Alternatives friends, will have petitions asking the governor to establish CO2 regulations before approving any new coal plants. There are EIGHT of those buggers in Michigan’s pipeline...a very bad idea!

If you can’t make the fair and want to sign the petition online, just visit:

http://progressmichigan.org/page/s/globalwarming

And for more info on the fair, visit:

http://www.glrea.org/events/MichiganEnergyFair2008/index.php

Thanks!