E-M:/ Re: Good news about recycling CFL's

Enviro-Mich message from "Anna Dorothy Graham" <grahama9@msu.edu>

A friend of mine sent this to me -- I think it's useful information for us all ...

The Home Depot has launched a national in-store, consumer compact fluorescent light bulb recycling program at all 1,973 The Home Depot locations. There is no cost for the service, and the company notes that it is the first such offering by a retailer in the United States. The Home Depot Canada launched a CFL recycling program in November, 2007.

At each The HD store, customers can bring in any expired, unbroken CFL bulbs, and give them to the store associate behind the returns desk. The bulbs will be managed responsibly by an environmental management company who will coordinate CFL packaging, transportation and recycling to maximize safety and ensure environmental compliance.

Anna Kirkwood Graham, J.D., Ph.D.
"There is no trifling with nature; it is always true, grave and severe; it is always in the right, and the faults and errors fall to our share."
-- Goethe