[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ Fwd: Take Action: Speak Our for the Arctic
- Subject: E-M:/ Fwd: Take Action: Speak Our for the Arctic
- From: "m c" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 20:24:35 -0700
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=DgPCc+FwzXhfb8Gxbibt+PDeduLVdhYCLjCzNg887mI=; b=AdxbSi2NYf6s6J23Bj3izeZBv2WImud5TUuVSVCXyUW8IZX/xkMMZS3miENG6wcH4h x3TTCt5hShpPF2Vn+sStG45jUOzOgkTnYW1zPoksFMd18fF8NS/jE9uD0jja+nMmwc55 W9SFnjtd6dRhypqIGlbb/j+gpeuQOvAYCaKp4=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:references; b=GP0l/sudbfmdHNbSPTpzkWr4tKwmVCweFi2XAYUZzV1vVwVInfEwU+Fq55bh4sO5rX GyEJG4IDqNW42/USB9g/ZkT6Qy6iUNprZUsJH6xvVrSssu5r6obXoqsITumKg68+asym O6llqSOTkY7q/bmlSbcRKrxWKRk804PNxoUG4=
- In-reply-to: <email@example.comDB.mail.democracyinaction.org>
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.orgDB.mail.democracyinaction.org>
- Reply-to: "m c" <email@example.com>
Michigan residents who sign on to this prove to officials that it's not just a California thing and that we won't be tricked into saying yes to drilling under the false promise of keeping our assembly and engineering jobs.
Please sign. (and edit the letter to include a mention of "PHEVs")
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Pacific Environment
Date: Tue, Jul 8, 2008 at 4:28 PM
Subject: Take Action: Speak Our for the Arctic
Call Congress Today to Say No to Offshore Drilling!
Join citizens across the country in asking their representatives to protect offshore waters from drilling.
Today, concerned citizens across the country will call or email Representatives urging them protect the Arctic's offshore waters and other special places from drilling. Together, we will inundate offices with calls and emails to demand that Congress stand up to Big Oil and protect these areas for future generations.
Call or email today!
As calls and emails flood these offices, staff people from environmental and community organizations will head up to Capitol Hill to meet with key members of Congress.
Let your representative know that you oppose offshore drilling because:
- Drilling will not lower gas prices today or solve our energy crisis. Even the U.S. Energy Information Administration has said that massive exploitation of new oil deposits will not produce oil for nearly a decade and then will not lower gasoline prices by more than a few cents per gallon.
- Expanded drilling threatens wildlife including whales, polar bears and walrus.
- We need real solutions that will end our dependence on oil once and for all. It's time to take back the giveaways to Big Oil and secure our energy independence by investing that money in clean, renewable energy, energy efficiency, increased public transportation, and the technologies needed to get our cars going further on a gallon of gas.
Email or call your member of Congress today and tell him or her not to open the Arctic and other special places to drilling. Dial 202-224-3121 and ask for your Representative's office by name (You can also look up your Representative at www.house.gov.)
Once you've taken action, please consider asking your friends, family, colleagues and neighbors to join you. Click here to email a friend.
For the Pacific Rim,
The Pacific Environment Staff