Re: E-M:/ Clean Water Action endorses Patrick Lindemann for Ingham County Drain Commissioner

Disputed episode?  Have you come here to look at Cedar Lake?  There is no disputing the damage he has caused it.  Yet this makes his endorsement "well deserved" in your mind?  And how was the endorsement made?  Did they interview all of the candidates?  It would seem pretty questionable judgement to make an endorsement without doing so.

I don't know all of Pat Lindemann's history, but even if the rest of his career was a good one, and did protect the environment (though based on some of the emails I've been getting from people since my earlier note, I question whether that is the case), a group called Clean Water Action should just ignore the fact that he is destroying the quality of a lake and refuses to fix it?

----- Original Message ----
From: Dave Dempsey <davedem@hotmail.com>
To: John Stevens <capitolgolfer@yahoo.com>; enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2008 2:54:36 PM
Subject: RE: E-M:/ Clean Water Action endorses Patrick Lindemann for Ingham County Drain Commissioner

It may not be outrageous, but it's certainly unfair to attack Pat Lindemann for one disputed episode in a long career of strong leadership on clean water issues. Pat is one of a handful of drain commissioners in Michigan who understands that the job is about more than draining wetlands and facilitating development. He's pioneered the use of the powers of his office to reduce stormwater runoff and soil erosion, to restore wetlands, protect fish, beautify wetlands and to promote something resembling natural hydrology in Ingham County. The endorsement is well deserved. Typically, those who run against Pat are associates of developers and other interests that would like to remove him and return to business as usual -- destroying habitat and externalizing pollution costs.