RE: E-M:/ Carbon free in 10 years?

Kathryn --  I would be very interested in what Gore had to say on how to achieve his goal.  Could you please share specifics from the call with enviro-mich?  Thank you.

Linda Cree, Michigan's U.P.

Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 15:36:29 -0700
From: klsavoie@sbcglobal.net
Subject: Re: E-M:/ Carbon free in 10 years?
To: smileysmlc@aol.com; enviro-mich@great-lakes.net

Gore's challenge is powerful, ambitious, and necessary.  It sets a focused goal for reduction of carbon emissions, something we need to do urgently.

This afternoon, I participated in a conference call Al Gore held with climate activists and environmental leaders from around the country, in which he discussed his challenge and how to achieve it.

One thing that everyone can do is listen to Gore's speech on the We Campaign (www.wecansolveit.org) site. And then sign up in support of Gore's challenge. The goal is to get 10 MILLION persons to sign up in support of the goal of 100% renewable energy electricity within 10 years. Grassroots support is essential in bringing about the kind of sea change in policy, and action, Mr. Gore challenge entails, so please pass this along, and get involved.

Kathryn Savoie