[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ Greal Lakes Climate Change meeting 7/29-31
- Subject: E-M:/ Greal Lakes Climate Change meeting 7/29-31
- From: "Alex J. Sagady & Associates" <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 17:17:05 -0400
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-to: "Alex J. Sagady & Associates" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Enviro-Mich message from "Alex J. Sagady & Associates" <email@example.com>
Just a reminder that registration for the NOAA Great Lakes Climate Change Workshop will close tomorrow, Tuesday July 22nd at 5 PM EDT
No registration will be available after that time.
Workshop Announcement is listed below.
"Impact of Climate Change on the Great Lakes Ecosystem - A NOAA Science Needs Assessment Workshop to Meet Emerging Challenges?
July 29 - 31, 2008
NOAA Great Lakes Environmental Research Laboratory (GLERL)
Cooperative Institute for Limnology and Ecosystems Research (CILER)
Great Lakes Sea Grant Network
NOAA Great Lakes Regional Team
School of Natural Resources and Environment
University of Michigan Central Campus
Ann Arbor, Michigan
The overarching purpose of the workshop is to develop a NOAA research strategy that addresses climate change impact on Great Lakes coastal ecosystems as driven by user needs. The workshop will bring together NOAA and other Great Lakes scientists together with stakeholders to:
1) Examine the current state of knowledge of the physical, chemical, and biological impact of climate change on Great Lakes coastal waters and connecting channels. Such a knowledge base includes current scientific understanding, products, services, expertise, monitoring and observing systems, datasets and forecast models.
2) Develop a dialogue with Great Lakes stakeholders to identify their key needs related to the impact of climate change on Great Lakes resources.
3) Document key challenges that climate change impacts pose in continuing effective management, restoration and protection of the integrity of the Great Lakes Ecosystem and related resources of particular concern to stakeholders.
If you wish to participate in the workshop please register online and pay the $125 registration fee by credit card at:
For additional information see:
Michael A. Quigley
Ecologist, Information Services Branch, GLERL
TEL 734 741 2149
FAX 734 741 2003
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * glin-announce is hosted by the Great Lakes Information Network (GLIN): http://www.great-lakes.net To subscribe: http://www.glin.net/forms/glin-announce_form.html To post a message: http://www.glin.net/forms/glin-announce_post.html To search the archive: http://www.glin.net/lists/glin-announce/ All views and opinions presented above are solely those of the author or attributed source and do not necessarily reflect those of GLIN or its management. * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Alex J. Sagady & Associates http://www.sagady.com
Environmental Enforcement, Permit/Technical Review, Public Policy,
Expert Witness Review and Litigation Investigation on Air, Water and
Waste/Community Environmental and Resource Protection
Prospectus at: http://www.sagady.com/sagady.pdf
657 Spartan Avenue, East Lansing, MI 48823
(517) 332-6971; firstname.lastname@example.org
ENVIRO-MICH: Internet List and Forum for Michigan Environmental
and Conservation Issues and Michigan-based Citizen Action. Archives at
Postings to: email@example.com For info, send email to
firstname.lastname@example.org with a one-line message body of "info enviro-mich"