E-M:/ FRIDAY: Lunch Seminar on Rain Gardens in Rochester

Flowers, Butterflies and Clean Water

Clean Water Action, Sierra Club and Whole Foods Market present:

Landscaping for Water Quality

Rochester Hills, MI — On Friday, August 8th from 12:00pm – 1:30pm join Clean Water Action, Sierra Club and Whole Foods Market at their new location in Rochester Hills (on the northeast corner of Adams Rd. and Walton Blvd.) for our Green Lunch Seminar on rain gardens.  Stop in a few minutes early to hit up the salad bar, grab a slice of pizza or a ready-made sandwich for your lunch, and join master gardener,  Anne Bray, who will talk about rain gardens and their benefits to the environment.

As southeast Michigan continues to grow and become more developed we have fewer and fewer green spaces.  Fewer green spaces means that each time it rains toxics like oil and gasoline, chemicals and fertilizers, and pet waste are washed off our streets, parking lots and yards and into the storm drains that empty - untreated - to our lakes, rivers and streams.  This toxic stormwater run-off hurts the quality of water of our lakes, rivers and streams and has a negative impact on the organisms living in and around them.  Rain gardens are a beautiful way to help treat stormwater naturally in your own backyard.  Anne Bray is an expert on creating beautiful rain gardens; she will share her knowledge and provide you with the resources you need to get started on your own rain garden.

WHAT:           Green Lunch Seminar:  Rain gardens – Landscaping for Water Quality

WHO:                Anne Bray, Master Gardner

     Clean Water Action
     Sierra Club
     Whole Foods Market

WHEN:               Friday, August 8 – 12:00pm-1:30pm

WHERE:              Whole Foods Market (Rochester Hills)

--
Lynna Kaucheck
Community Organizer

1723 W. 14 Mile Rd.
Royal Oak, MI 48073
(248) 549-9620
(248) 549-6483 Fax
(586) 556-8805 Cell

This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the person(s) to whom it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you receive this message in error, please notify me immediately by email, telephone, or fax, and delete the original message from your records. Thank you.