E-M:/ Middle Grand River: next mtg 6pm Aug. 12

Hello Friends of the Middle Grand River,

Interested folks from the Lansing area are welcome to join the next meeting of the Friends of the Middle Grand River, where we’re planning an event for this fall.  Come and share your ideas and energy, we can use your help!

The next meeting of the Friends of the Middle Grand River is set for 6pm on Tuesday August 12 at Impression 5 Science Museum.

The main topic of discussion is the Adopt a River cleanup day that has now been set for Saturday October 11 and the additional fun afternoon activities that our group has been discussing.  If you want to be part of this ongoing planning process, please join us!

See http://www.impression5.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=53&Itemid=110 for directions to Impression 5, note the free parking!

In looking toward 2009, the City of Lansing will celebrate our Sesquicentennial all year long, so put on your thinking caps for next year’s events on the river, too!  Remember some of the things we talked about at our facilitated meeting.

So far we have 29 people signed up for our Middle Grand River listserv at Topica- thanks to all who signed up!  It sure makes it easier to communicate!  For those who haven’t yet signed up but want to:  How to subscribe to our new listserv on Topica:  Grand River Mich (note this is the name, but it’s not the address.)   People can learn more and subscribe here:  http://lists.topica.com/lists/MiddleGrandRiver

People can also join the list by email by sending a BLANK email to: MiddleGrandRiver-subscribe@topica.com    Topica will automatically send a confirmation message. Only after they reply, they'll be added to the list.

UNSUBSCRIBING FROM THE LIST:  Registered Topica users can unsubscribe from the list on the web with the click of a button. They do so in their list preferences for your list. Subscribers can also unsubscribe from your list via email simply by sending a BLANK email to:  MiddleGrandRiver-unsubscribe@topica.com

POSTING MESSAGES TO THE LIST:  The list is an open discussion list meaning all messages get distributed to the entire list. To post a message to the list, subscribers can send email to:  MiddleGrandRiver@topica.com   You can also post messages to the list using the Topica web site, available above.  LEARNING MORE:  You can get more help by visiting our help section, or by contacting Customer Support at feedback@get.topica.com.   Thank you for using Topica!

Thanks, hope to see you there!

~Rita Jack

><><><><><>><><><><>

Rita Jack

Clean Water Program Director

Water Sentinels Project

Sierra Club Michigan Chapter

109 E. Grand River Ave.

Lansing, Michigan  48906

tel:  517-484-2372 x12

www.michigan.sierraclub.org

www.sierraclub.org/watersentinels

Know your watershed!

Make all Michigan's waters fishable and swimmable.