Re: E-M:/ Define eco-terorrist

Enviro-Mich message from "Anna Kirkwood Graham" <grahama9@msu.edu>

"Ecoterrorist" is just a label that conservatives use to make it seem like domestic terrorism is equal opportunity, when we all actually know that domestic terrorists tend to be right-wingers, like Timothy McVeigh and Eric Rudolph, who have it in for anyone who wants to: 1) provide or seek abortion services, 2) interfere with their guns, 3) be homosexual, or 4) ban polygamy. I can't remember the last time anyone was actually injured by an "ecoterrorist"; although I guess it used to happen in logging protests.
Not that any of us should condone property damage, but there's absolutely no comparison between what individuals from the right do and what individuals from the left do in terms of loss of life ... I had to laugh when the Bush ad. announced that they were stepping up on their campaign against domestic (= eco, for them) terrorism, until the penalties for setting fire to SUVS were greater than for setting fire to all of those predominantly black southern churches a few years ago, and at that point, they seemed absolutely clueless about the anthrax attacks, which tended to be against liberal targets ...

The well connect developers and industry polluters use their Republican politicians to rewrite and gut environmental protection laws (Washington & Lansing), harass local governments and watersheds trying to protect the environment (Acme Twp, Nestle), and then split the outdoor sports network against each other (hunters/fishers/hikers and others), and finally use their Internet blogs to brand all environmentalist protecting environment as some form of eco-terrorist!
Isn't the environment being terrorized and destroyed by the developers and polluters acting as eco-terrorist? The Republicans are always rewriting definitions. To be fair&balanced, crimes have been committed by the ELF and ALF should not be associated with all the organizations trying to protect the public trust and environment legally.
Question: Define eco-terrorist. Is a eco-terorrist an anti-environmentalist or pro-environmentalist?

The anti-DNR/DEQ anti-environmental sportsmen for Bush network is always active.
_http://www.theoutspokensportsman.net/aconthesierraclub.htm_ (http://www.theoutspokensportsman.net/aconthesierraclub.htm)

**************Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on AOL Autos. (http://autos.aol.com/cars-BMW-128-2008/expert-review?ncid=aolaut00050000000017 )

Anna Kirkwood Graham, J.D., Ph.D.
"There is no trifling with nature; it is always true, grave and severe; it is always in the right, and the faults and errors fall to our share."
-- Goethe