E-M:/ The "Detroit oil formation"? (equivalent of fuel efficiency see part 2 of 2)

We waste 70% of all our energy. That means 70% of our utility bills didn't have to be paid, 70% of all power plants didn't have to be built, 70% of the oil we use didn't have to be imported and there's a 70% additional capacity available.

With people asking aloud: "why can't we just use nuclear power and offshore drilling? I heard it would help"
here's the ultimate rebuttal from the ultimate non-biased source...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Oqa3bNhTwE&feature=related  part 1 of 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=540j1uG0E8A&feature=related part 2 of 2

And here's Amory on cheap carbon fiber car manufacturing to save fuel...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8D-uhKHy7mk

Mike