[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ Watershed Forum in West Michigan
- Subject: E-M:/ Watershed Forum in West Michigan
- From: "Cynthia Price" <email@example.com>
- Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2008 12:01:34 -0400
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:mime-version:content-type:content-transfer-encoding :content-disposition; bh=jcxJBwAQrVfU6uNVTd7MzHUpstwFGbhG7WCosQ0HT9k=; b=a4Ug3C8txZ/VKB3rUh7c7jkfW2nS+SX4MQoevClu1jhuGxf3QLvfWfdovww7pWHYEB WdmS8HXi86kzHtjXDF7MQ1YoAOMlwG8RTBCKL1DPuqE2JlIjU+IoAwBDoEuYeq+rwYEa GWIJ7Lytuk2LkafNdTtiqfiYw5AH2f4oknqYU=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition; b=GrdRHCS5Sd1iqdpYzTPpEL2+KK0BxOdMKtAn5JLybg2QPbZqW/GnbmAMGOUtqy8Fw8 etqDs/RdcK5uvu/Jn9Fpxicyup96RzFFt0+ldPqFda0bVo94DI+DMoTmvtr7M8WY4Yuo w95sKU9c5vUFddSqkN1HRXfLuuXAcrZx04czI=
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-to: "Cynthia Price" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Enviro-Mich message from "Cynthia Price" <email@example.com>
There are attachments that go with this, including a registration
form, which I'd be glad to send to anyone who is interested.
Chair, Muskegon Lake Watershed Partnership
West Michigan Great Lakes Watershed Forum
Thursday, September 11, 2008 ~ Michillinda Lodge
Whitehall, Michigan, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Registration Deadline - September 3, 2008 – Space is Limited
Please Post - Distribute to Your Local Watershed and Community Leaders
throughout West Michigan
The public is invited to participate in a day-long forum to identify
West Michigan natural resource priorities and to find out about
progress being made to protect and restore Great Lakes watersheds.
The public forum will be held at the historic Michillinda Lodge on the
shores of Lake Michigan in Whitehall, Michigan from 9:00 a.m. – 3:00
p.m. on Thursday, September 11, 2008.
Steven Chester, Director of the Michigan Department of Environmental
Quality, will provide the keynote address on the state of
environmental restoration and protection in the Great Lakes state.
Dr. Janet Vail, Grand Valley State University Annis Water Resources
Institute and Kathy Evans, Program Manager, West Michigan Shoreline
Regional Development Commission will set the stage for watershed
discussions with morning presentations on the state of Lake Michigan
and watersheds in West Michigan. A special presentation by Michigan
United Conservation Clubs will highlight efforts underway to develop a
Michigan plan for Great Lakes restoration and protection.
Other morning topics include: the restoration of impaired waters,
watershed plans, sustainable development, coastal zone management,
land - use and wildlife habitat.
Afternoon presentations will feature successful restoration and
protection projects in the White River, Muskegon River, Pere Marquette
and Big Sable River watersheds.
Local government officials and natural resource managers are
encouraged to attend to discuss local priorities with West Michigan
watershed and natural resource restoration organizations, including:
Ducks Unlimited, Michigan United Conservation Clubs, Michigan
Department of Environmental Quality, Grand Valley State University
Annis Water Resources Institute, West Michigan Shoreline Regional
Development Commission, Muskegon River Watershed Assembly, White River
Watershed Partnership, Big Sable Watershed Restoration Committee and
Conservation Resource Alliance.
Forum organizers and partners will take public input from participants
to help determine local and regional priorities for future restoration
and protection activities in West Michigan watersheds. The
information will be used to develop programs and projects to restore
and protect the Great Lakes.
The cost to register is $15.00 and includes morning coffee, lunch and
handouts. Registration deadline is September 3, 2008. To register,
please contact West Michigan Shoreline Regional Development Commission
at (231) 722-7878, Extension 10 or use the on-line registration form
and agenda, located at www.wmsrdc.org. The agenda and registration
form is attached for your convenience.
=============================================================ENVIRO-MICH: Internet List and Forum for Michigan Environmental
and Conservation Issues and Michigan-based Citizen Action. Archives at
Postings to: firstname.lastname@example.org For info, send email to
email@example.com with a one-line message body of "info enviro-mich"
=============================================================* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
All views and opinions presented above are solely those of the author or
attributed source and do not necessarily reflect those of GLIN or the Great Lakes Commission.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *