E-M:/ Thought for the Day: Why we must Protect Jean Klock Park

Enviro-Mich message from LuAnne Kozma <luanne_kozma@yahoo.com>

Dear fellow environmentalists,

As one of the two Jean Klock Park lawsuits gets heard today in Berrien County Court, I wanted to share these words by the donor of the park, John Klock, when he spoke at the park's dedication ceremony 91 years ago, to hundreds of people as they gathered at their new, protected park:

"Perhaps some of you do not own a foot of ground, remember then, that this is your park, it belongs to you. Perhaps some of you have no piano or phonograph, the roll of the water murmuring in calm, roaring in storm, is your music, your piano and music box.... The beach is yours, the drive is yours, the dunes are yours, all yours. It is not so much a gift from my wife and myself, it's a gift from a little child. See to it, that the park is the children's."

And please give generously to the groups raising funds to protect Jean Klock Park:

www.protectjkp.com

and

www.savejeanklockpark.org

Thank you,