[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
Re: E-M:/ Judge denies lawsuit filed against Harbor Shores developers
- Subject: Re: E-M:/ Judge denies lawsuit filed against Harbor Shores developers
- From: "m c" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2008 03:23:58 -0700
- Cc: Enviro-Mich <email@example.com>
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type:references; bh=Qu/65MV6moo8IkvQhkTAJ+R1qUXb24P/NelnwV4hvW8=; b=m5ELMUTDOKMBw3STB8XCC4K6RYQI55pb3kQDpR8dclrd8qE4K5EVASJogZuu2SyM+D Luc6VpP8cfXsD41yyk47oHS1XR/o5woW9ByiV38ho4F242RQpFRqZp0r5R61wvW8fnuJ CDPutZvQ13CXskdrFBQZbzswk68eYmGK+RjkY=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:cc:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:references; b=kTtLhs2W6EGuSKj6jKEwrPgWKO0vbtYDAtZe2KPMcTK1Y39PN5Eo3u938A5TFqqeFe DI93jWCWR1kaMyDQ2OfoV5VOk7rDDFdwxPTG4s1tk9z8eJ2yFO5wHwkeQZCfCL1UGWVo S8YdHLkNXT0NR2lUgJDR8qbgSaCsu/V4RgTdk=
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "m c" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
This is disturbing. What can people do? A shaming campaign? Is Whirlpool behind this? Is the judge rebelling against liberalism and "environmentalism"? Or was there a big loophole left open?
What can people do?
On Sat, Aug 23, 2008 at 11:27 PM, Chris Reader <email@example.com>
From the article:
"Howard read from the signed deed, "It's not so much a gift from my wife or myself, it is a gift from a child. See to it that it is the children's park."
After two hours of discussion, Judge Scott Schofield sided with proponents of the Harbor Shores project.
Schofield says, "The people of Benton Harbor, as limited by the plain language of the deed in the judgment, decide what kind of park to use, passive or active, historic or brand new, is appropriate for their park. A golf course is a park purpose.""
After 2 hours, the judge took a 15 minute break and then returned with a 40 page ruling against the citizens who won a consent decree that no more of Jean Klock Park would be developed. This indicates that none of the arguments of the citizen's lawyers were taken into account. Another, incredible, miscarriage of justice in Benton Harbor.