Re: E-M:/ EPA Dow Documents

What we saw in the EPA is fairly typical of what is going on in most (if not all) federal agencies, i.e., installment of underqualified (if not unqualified) ideologues for the purposes of reward and ideological control.

So, the question is: Would McCain be able or willing to remove these people if he became president? I do not think he would or could.

Despite the claims at the GOP Convention, the old maverik McCain seems to have died after he was "swift boated" by the Bush-Rove team. Thereafter, he started to court and become indebted to the crowd that wants the services of these ideologues. Indeed, 80% of the convention delegates (who also wrote his platform) are strong Bush supporters, and he will also depend/has depended on them for monetary support. This certainly is not a basis/mandate for change. In the case of environmental issues, it seems clear that McCain does not understand them. It seems that those political reps who care about the environment (forms of harm to our fellow citizens) also do not value social concerns (other than the standard so-called "values" issues). Increasingly, it seems that they also do not understand economic issues beyond the benefits of their already rich benefactors.

Advertising seems to be able to convince most people that "black is white" and vice versa. Or, at least, bury the issues in confusion. I hope that the voters can see past all the advertisements to the simple facts of the main issues. Most of the incumbent Republicans, including McCain, do not have good records.

The League of Conservation Voters can help.