E-M:/ RE: / EPA Dow Documents

I've started reading through – John Taylor has a starring role. There was definitely weirdness going on, Gade and Bharat hiding their work from the DC office, which was setting up meetings with Dow without their knowledge. Lots of mistrust…

From: owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net [mailto:owner-enviro-mich@great-lakes.net] On Behalf Of MICHDAVE@aol.com
Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 8:02 PM
To: enviro-mich@great-lakes.net
Subject: E-M:/ EPA Dow Documents

CREW, Citizens for Responsible Ethics in Washington has posted thousands of pages of EPA documents pertaining to Dow Chemical’s dioxin contamination in the Saginaw Bay  watershed. The documents were in response to a Freedom of Information request CREW filed with EPA when Mary Gade, Regional Administrator at Region V was terminated by Steven Johnson the head of EPA because she was holding the chemical giant accountable—refusing to play their game and running interference with their persistent end run to EPA headquarters to garner favor--- ( read the documents). No doubt in my mind that Mary Gade had to go—she was interfering with Dow’s plans which you can bet are still being pursued--behind closed doors.

Not holding our much hope for hearings on Gade's termination because of the election, national fatigue with this administrations malfeasance and Administrator Johnson hiding behind the cloak of executive privilege.

Lone Tree Council recently received FOIA documents too. The folks at CREW were kind enough to offer us space on their site. We hope to get documents to them by weeks end. Please visit CREWS site and stay tuned.

http://governmentdocs.org/Doc/DocView.aspx?docid=1290

http://citizensforethics.org/node/31586

Michelle Hurd Riddick
Lone Tree Council