E-M:/ affordable housing LEED petition

Interesting petition. And it makes sense: saved energy = saved money = avoided pollution....

....The U.S. Green Building Council's LEED green building standard is the top program in the country - and one that should be applied to all construction for the health of our planet.

Already, 44 states have adopted some form of regulation requiring government-funded buildings to be built according to LEED standards. But these policies can go farther. Seattle's Traugott Terrace - was the nation's first LEED certified affordable housing. Boston's Department of Neighborhood Development recently instituted a requirement that all affordable housing must meet Energy Star and LEED silver standards.

It's time to make saving the environment a national priority for all state-funded affordable housing projects! Urge your state's governor to develop a regulation requiring affordable housing projects to meet green building standards.

There's barely any signatures from Michigan on this one.

It would be nice to show lawmakers that we ARE watching.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/225456460?z00m=16755947

Mike