[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ affordable housing LEED petition
- Subject: E-M:/ affordable housing LEED petition
- From: "m c" <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 13:51:50 -0700
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:subject :mime-version:content-type; bh=1QG4DLeBgfwDKX8/makn4NYCbRH5UtB72As4fapcclc=; b=puc97y7uwd7nImao7DUbASexea5+JyRC3YDpCL4et3z0q/d6rqjKXvtdTix3IoCJxp PsYpGhNVLQpvve/CxfnxNdPaP2GUtCgyHUNMiD1hjQuSw1R1t2lUn56HATY41Wl7I3wo NQ6+oQlh/4TKsKCHNHqWjmfFvhHYxr36sjdIE=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:subject:mime-version:content-type; b=bgSBinLp7rKLlhKwqGXMdUL02mVhjtDal3MIvzfU9VQ8omvYYPaPwyOQwFADCYWVQl J/rXWhn/KzR/MRsb0ALbXINuEJXzJjIEcMzVeT+GstJy3Iii5X2QcvUmxhCdnFECLyh7 4r25nBinPQZvBOt7mP6No+YSghsiBB+tWACYs=
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-to: "m c" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Interesting petition. And it makes sense: saved energy = saved money = avoided pollution....
....The U.S. Green Building Council's LEED green building standard is the
top program in the country - and one that should be applied to all
construction for the health of our planet.
Already, 44 states have adopted some form of regulation
requiring government-funded buildings to be built according to LEED
standards. But these policies can go farther.
Traugott Terrace - was the nation's first LEED
certified affordable housing. Boston's Department of Neighborhood
Development recently instituted a requirement that all affordable
housing must meet Energy Star and LEED silver standards.
It's time to make saving the environment a national priority for all state-funded affordable housing projects!
Urge your state's governor to develop a regulation requiring affordable housing projects to meet green building standards.
There's barely any signatures from Michigan on this one.
It would be nice to show lawmakers that we ARE watching.http://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/225456460?z00m=16755947