E-M:/ Racial hatred behind Jean Klock Park takeover

Enviro-Mich message from LuAnne Kozma <luanne_kozma@yahoo.com>

Many of you know that I made a You Tube movie, "Save Jean Klock Park" over a year ago, featuring some Benton Harbor residents speaking out about the takeover of their park. Some of the people in the video are plaintiffs in the federal lawsuit.

The racial hatred that is driving this takeover of the park comes out in comments I get all the time for posting on the You Tube movie, most of which are so base and so despicable, I can't approve them for posting.

Here is one offered yesterday. Remember, these are comments the posters want the world to see:

rjohn23 has made a comment on Save Jean Klock Park:

"If the community is not improved, then the rest of the area will end up like Benton Harlem. Worry about cleaning up the rest of your crap hole community, just not a beach that you don't use."

Just as despicable was seeing former Detroit Mayor Dennis Archer, lead counsel for Harbor Shores Inc, argue this very point in court a few weeks ago, complete with blow up photos of an empty Jean Klock Park, and a crowded Silver Beach.

Harbor Shores has hired Bracewell and Guiliani,  (Rudy "drill baby drill" Guiliani's law firm) to argue the case in D.C., and want to bring in Archer, there, too.

--LuAnne Kozma