E-M:/ Wind farm in old growth next to Nordhouse?

The USDA is considering allowing a private company to put a wind farm in the Huron-Manistee National Forest. While that might sound good, I found out there are some big problems with it.

The proposed action follows in the next email (apparently the feds are a bit too windy, even for the ever-patient Enviro-Mich, which autobounced it at 48k!)

There are two meetings to discuss it. We can't be there so we wrote a letter, below.  Please feel free to use it and send in your comments. They are asking for letters by Oct. 12.

Scoping Meeting #1: September 30, 2008, at the Ramada Inn, 4079 W.
U.S. 10, Ludington, MI. An open house format will be used. The public
is welcome between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.

 Scoping Meeting #2: October 1, 2008, at the Days Inn, 1462 U.S.
Hwy. 31, Manistee, MI. An open house format will be used. The public is
welcome between 4 p.m. and 7 p.m.

Thanks for all you do for the Earth,

Sherry