[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ NRC team to probe Cook fire
- Subject: E-M:/ NRC team to probe Cook fire
- From: Kay Cumbow <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 02:07:43 -0400
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-to: Kay Cumbow <email@example.com>
NRC team to probe Cook fire
By JULIE SWIDWA
H-P Staff Writer [Herald Palladium]
Snip: BRIDGMAN The Nuclear Regulatory Commission has launched a special
inspection Team to review events that led to a fire Saturday night at the
Cook Nuclear Plan and to help determine why part of a fire suppression
system later failed.
Snip: Workers shut down the reactor after a malfunction in the Unit 1
main turbine generator led to high vibrations and loud rumbling. The
vibrations led to a generator hydrogen leak that ignited, Cook spokesman
Bill Schalk said....
Snip: Mitlyng said workers determined that a huge pipe that is part of
the fire protection system had ruptured and that one of two water storage
tanks had been pumped dry.