E-M:/ "Carbon-Free/Nuclear-Free by 2050" author in Kzoo, 10/4

Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 18:56:34 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Venue change: "Carbon-Free/Nuke-Free by 2050" book talk, Kzoo, 10/4
From: "Kevin Kamps" <kevin@beyondnuclear.org>

*Please spread the word!*

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

Note the change in venue for this Oct. 4th event. The new venue is:
Conference Room (room number to be announced), Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, 100 West Michigan Avenue, downtown Kalamazoo.

Save the date! We hope you can come to this important event, and spread the word! Volunteers are needed to help make this event a success. Please contact me to volunteer, or if you have any questions, at my cell phone (240) 462-3216. Thanks!

Yours for safe energy,

Kevin Kamps, Beyond Nuclear

Climate & Energy
how we can solve the crises of our time
WITHOUT GOING NUCLEAR!

"Carbon-Free, Nuclear-Free: A Roadmap for US Energy Policy"

WHERE: Downtown Kalamazoo:
Conference Room (room number to be announced), Radisson Plaza Hotel at Kalamazoo Center, 100 West Michigan Avenue.

WHEN: Saturday, October 4, 6:30 p.m.

Dr. Arjun Makhijani, President of the Institute for Energy and Environmental Research (IEER), has assessed the technologies and crunched the numbers. He says that by starting now, we can reach a net zero CO2 economy by 2050 -- at reasonable cost -- and without new nuclear power. Hear him speak.

Federal candidates for U.S. House, Senate, and President, or their representatives, invited.

Sponsors: Beyond Nuclear, Coalition for a Nuclear-Free Great Lakes, Don't Waste Michigan.

For more information, contact Kevin Kamps at Beyond Nuclear, cell phone (240) 462-3216 or kevin@beyondnuclear.org. To see Dr. Makhijani's book, summaries and additional background information, go to www.ieer.org/carbonfree.

Kevin Kamps
Radioactive Waste Watchdog
Beyond Nuclear
6930 Carroll Avenue, Suite 400