E-M:/ 1st Public Service Commission FORUM: Thursday night, 6 PM, Northwestern Activities Center- DETROIT

For anyone who pays light or heating bills to regulated utilities (Consumers Energy, DTE, WE Energies(UP)) the Michigan Public Service Commission which oversees these utilities is inviting you to come talk with them about your concerns, opportunities, etc.  With the recent passage of energy legislation that gives the Public Service Commission new authority and requirements with regard to  energy efficiency, renewable energy and requirements for integrated resource plans this is an important time to give input or raise questions about how they intend to tackle these issues.  AW

------------------------

MPSC Schedules Seven Consumer Forums around the State in October Aug 26, 2008

August 26, 2008

      The Michigan Public Service Commission (MPSC) today announced that it

will host a series of consumer forums around Michigan in October.

The forums are designed to give consumers the latest information on electric

and natural gas rates for the winter and the status of local and long

distance telephone service.

      "As winter approaches, my colleagues and I believe it is important for

Michigan utility customers to prepare for winter heating bills,"

said MPSC Chairman Orjiakor Isiogu.  "We want customers to be aware of

conservation measures they can take and assistance programs that are

available to them.  We welcome the opportunity to meet customers to discuss

these issues and hear their comments on other utility matters that concern

them."

      One of the MPSC's three Commissioners - Chairman Isiogu, Commissioner

Monica Martinez, or Commissioner Steven A. Transeth - will be available at

each forum to discuss these issues, explain how the Commission makes

decisions, and listen to questions and comments regarding utility service.

      An American Sign Language interpreter will be available at the Detroit

forum for those in attendance who are deaf or hard of hearing.

      Following is information on each upcoming consumer forum:

      Detroit

      Thursday, October 2, 6 p.m.

      Northwest Activities Center -- Ballroom

      18100 Meyers Road

      Escanaba

      Thursday, October 9, 6 p.m.

      Bay de Noc Community College

      Joseph Heirman University Center

      Conference Room 952

      2001 North Lincoln Road

      Ann Arbor

      Monday, October 13, 6 p.m.

      Forsythe Middle School -- Auditorium

      1655 Newport Road

      Pontiac

      Tuesday, October 14, 6 p.m.

      City Hall - Council Chambers (2nd Floor)

      47450 Woodward Avenue

      Midland

      Wednesday, October 22, 2 p.m.

      Senior Services Center - Room 160

            4700 Dublin Avenue

      Cadillac

      Thursday, October 23, 6 p.m.

      City Hall - Council Chambers

      200 North Lake Street

      Benton Harbor

      Tuesday, Oct. 28, 6 p.m.

      Michigan Works! Service Center - Anchor Room

      499 West Main Street

The MPSC is an agency within the Department of Labor Economic

Growth.