E-M:/ Sierra Club/SEMG Meeting w/Dr Mike Whitty-October 2

--- On Sat, 9/27/08, Sierra Club - Southeast Michigan Group <gscicli@comcast.net> wrote:
From: Sierra Club - Southeast Michigan Group <gscicli@comcast.net>
Subject: Sierra Club SEMG Meeting, October 2
To: "Sierra Club - Southeast Michigan Group" <alert@sierraclub.org>
Date: Saturday, September 27, 2008, 9:11 AM

"Dreams of Black, White and Green: Putting More Soul into the Spirit of
Detroit" by Dr. Mike Whitty, University of Detroit Mercy

Our own Dr. Detroit, aka Mike Whitty, presents an inspiring and hopeful vision
of sustainable Detroit 2030 and beyond. Professor Whitty is currently involved
in a community building project on the Woodward Corridor in the north end of
Detroit. He hopes to extend the Sierra Club's Green Cruise from Ferndale to
Palmer Park in Detroit by 2009. Whitty envisions a stronger link between the
greening of Detroit, rapid transit along the Woodward Corridor, and post-racial
unity between Detroit and its near suburbs. Join a discussion circle sharing our
visions of the possible future for Detroit. Could we cross-network our causes
and projects to create more collaboration in community building? Share your
story and share your hopes in the belief that we are all Detroiters at heart.
Professor Whitty is the former Director of the Institute for Building
Sustainable Communities at U of D Mercy where he has taught for 40 years in the
College of Business Administration.

The Southeast MI Group (SEMG) meets on the first Thursday of each month at the
Northwest Unitarian-Universalist Church, 23925 Northwestern Hwy, Southfield, MI.
The church is located along the southbound US10 service drive between 9 & 10
Mile. Our meetings begin with a potluck dinner from 6-7pm followed by a brief
local club update from7-730pm. The featured programs listed below begin at
730pm***Plz note the time changes***All are welcome, members and non-members
alike, so please consider bringing a friend! For more info, contact Carol Izant
at (248)352-6137 or cogknot@yahoo.com. For complete coverage of SEMG activities,
check out our website@www.michigan.sierraclub.org/semg

To adjust your Sierra Club email preferences, please reply to this email with a
description of your wishes. Thank you.

Sierra Club 85 Second St., 2nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105