The National Wildlife Federation is hiring a Campus Field Coordinator in Ann Arbor!
This position will be an exciting opportunity for someone who wants to join a campaign to reduce greenhouse gas emissions on college campuses and help build the climate movement. Please help get this announcement into the right hands by spreading the word.
NWF Campus Field Coordinator - Ann Arbor, MI
National Wildlife Federation is seeking a regional Campus Field Coordinator who desires to works at the leading edge of a movement for campus climate action.
This person will be responsible for:
• Building regional networks to support campus climate action: Includes identifying host campuses, organizing regional summits, and providing on-going support for networks to support exchange of resources and information related to climate solutions.
• Campus Outreach and Site Visits: Conducting individual site visits and presenting at regional and national conferences related to campus climate action and sustainability in order to build relationships with students, faculty and staff at individual campuses and provide direct training and technical assistance.
• Climate Advocacy: Organizing and mobilizing students and others in higher education to support strong climate policies at a local and national level.
• Resource and Program Development: Provide input and feedback on technical resources developed to support the goals of the regional climate networks.
• College graduate with demonstrated interest in environment and climate organizing and practical solutions to global warming, especially in a campus setting.
• 3 years of related experience. Experience as an intern or professional staffer with college or environmental or social justice organization and experience working with diverse groups of people.
• Experience training, writing, teaching, and facilitating dialogue as well as event planning and meeting coordination helpful.
• Phone, computer, writing, oratory, administrative, time management, organizing, scheduling, researching, assembling print or web packages and more.
• Ability to cultivate relationships with diverse communities.
• Willingness to travel 20-40 nights per year primarily in the Midwest.
The position will pay in the mid 30s. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and the position will be filled as soon as a qualified applicant is identified.
National Wildlife Federation is America’s conservation organization passionate about protecting wildlife for our children’s future. NWF offers an excellent benefits package. NWF is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. Please apply online at www.nwf.org/careergateway.
Senior Regional Communications Manager
National Wildlife Federation - Great Lakes Office
213 West Liberty, Suite 200 | Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Phone: 734-887-7109 | Fax: 734-887-7199 | Cell: 734-904-1589