E-M:/ Invite - Drinking Water Source Protection: Progress and Challenges

Drinking Water Source Protection: Progress and Challenges

Wednesday, November 5, 2008, 6:30pm
Katzman Lounge, Vanier Hall, University of Windsor, Windsor, ON

>From rehabilitating the Detroit River's flora and fauna to protecting drinking water through legislation, there are success stories and ongoing challenges.  Join us to discuss and find out more about regional Great Lakes' issues.

Presentations by:

Dr. John Hartig, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service – “Coming Home: Celebrating the Return of Detroit River's Charismatic Megafauna”

Dr. Doug Haffner, Canada Research Chair, Great Lakes Environmental Health, Great Lakes Institute for Environmental Research

Marcia Valiante, Professor of Law, University of Windsor

Q and A Session. Refreshments available.  Free parking available in Lot C, under the bridge.  This event is free, but donations are appreciated!
Click here to view full page announcement.
For more upcoming events check out our new What's Happening section.
Locate Vanier Hall on the campus map at http://www.uwindsor.ca/campusmap
--
Derek Coronado
Research and Policy Coordinator,