E-M:/ MSU Environmental Film Festival

Enviro-michers,

  Our environmental film festival launches at 7:30 p.m. Thursday with a showing of Encounters at the End of the World by Werner Herzog. Producer Andrea Meditch who launched and built Discovery Films will attend as a guest speaker. The film festival and fair is at Michigan State University's Communication Arts & Sciences Building.

  Here's the Thursday through Friday line-up with links to film descriptions.  A quck taste of some of what's on tap: Cuba: The Accidental Revolution, King Corn, Kilowatt Ours, Crude Impact, Ansel Adams: A documentary film, The Real Dirt on Farmer John, Into the Wild, The Story of Stuff,  FLOW: For the Love of Water, Taking Root: The Vision of Wangari Maathai; Mining Madness, Water Wars.

   Some films will have people connected to them or other experts to help discuss them.

   More information about the festival is here.  Part of the proceeds from the event support an endowment for the MSU's Knight Center for Environmental Journalism. We appreciate your support and I'm sure we've got some though-provoking and entertaining films that will make it worth your while.

Best,

Dave

--
David Poulson