Re: E-M:/ Michigan Newspapers

Independent startup newspapers/magazines seem like a very good idea, but they will need support to build a distribution network.

I think everyone knows that the mainline newsmedia are increasingly controlled by small number of people with special interests to promote (e.g., Rupert Murdoch). It seems to me that this is often reflected in what the news media cover or do not cover. For example, I was shocked to find that the European television media showed President Bush while he was gathering his answer to reporters' questions whereas the US media do not (except by accident in his first debate with John Kerry). What you see is an impatient, arrogant man. There are other examples, but that gets too far off topic.

Time for a fresh start; leave most of the old power structure and special interests behind.

Using enviro-mich and other enviro list serves for news leads would be very productive.