[Date Prev][Date Next][Date Index]
E-M:/ EPA Public comment needed. Three days left.
- Subject: E-M:/ EPA Public comment needed. Three days left.
- From: "m c" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2008 03:51:45 -0800
- Delivered-to: email@example.com
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:subject :mime-version:content-type; bh=ZI6vzYcBwNMFx65eMrJFXXKpWghNHiTSffNupa+IIwI=; b=sQ0l+r4xni5JiiBeXkGHjESV/UjBSWfRSbJQDDcjpTYH+ylhZ6RepPALMmJwjp9i2A sQCKOqUOW0akPpHEOUj9qovjCw40ikoiE9fR93zVnQLVhMvD2PBBGUvLM0ZkAGSlIThz 6m8O1aukp6LX/O9u0HK7DMdD0mlKUxItQFD1M=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:subject:mime-version:content-type; b=mEi7iIUiH9mYuONSkSBPwO3zqK3VXtd7FVAQ9y8TqLIeei3PwOO4Icm6NKyqH01kD6 1RONGGRkX6pIiAVId8hBHlCCjKtWVc1VYGHNXvGFtTQ0HmX76PZOshaMioKv673RDQgu C87jJRYkcGE6GZyTsAIAN+M1Nb3sGjOxIEl40=
- List-name: Enviro-Mich
- Reply-to: "m c" <email@example.com>
Let them (below) hear it from Michigan - the state they're not sure is willing to be bold to save energy or submissive to save jobs.
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Cathy Zoi, The We Campaign <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Tue, Nov 25, 2008 at 10:08 AM
Subject: Public comment needed. Three days left.
To: mike cohn <email@example.com
Tell the EPA to regulate carbon dioxide pollution.
Friday is the last day to voice your opinion on whether the EPA -- the Environmental Protection Agency -- should regulate carbon dioxide pollution, the primary cause of the climate crisis. This is a big deal.
The EPA is taking public comment, before making a ruling.
Of course, special interests -- like the oil and coal lobbies -- are working overtime to defeat a positive ruling and have already gotten thousands of comments submitted in opposition.
Most people don't know about this opportunity for public comment, so your voice can make a real difference. And with a new president in the White House, it's likely that someone will actually be listening. Submit your public comment to the EPA here:
In April 2007 the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the Environmental Protection Agency has the authority to regulate carbon dioxide if it is harming our health and welfare. After more than a year of delay, the EPA is finally now requesting public comments on whether carbon dioxide and other heat-trapping pollutants are endangering our health and our climate.
Join us, and send a message about how crucial it is to reduce harmful carbon dioxide pollution. That you expect the EPA to use its powers to protect our health and welfare. That we can "Repower America" by using energy sources that don't emit carbon dioxide, and make the switch to 100% clean electricity. And that the solutions to the climate crisis are the same ones needed to address our economic and security challenges.
This is our chance to go on the public record -- all the comments will be posted on the EPA's website. To post your public comment, just go here.
For nearly eight years, the Bush administration has done nothing to address the growing threats we face from global warming. Hurricanes are getting stronger, the North polar icecap is melting, and we've suffered through intense droughts, floods and killer heat waves.
The deadline is November 28th. Let's help end the era of delay.