E-M:/ Fwd: Green Michigan's Schools

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Natasha, Care2 Action Alerts <actionalerts@care2.com>
Date: Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 6:06 AM
Subject: Green Michigan's Schools
To: ecadvocate@gmail.com

Care2 subscriber since May 1, 2008 Unsubscribe  |  Forward to a Friend  |  Take Action
care2 petitionsite actionAlert

Dear mike,

It's not easy being green. But it can be more instinctive for children who grow up in communities that teach energy conservation and environmental responsibility. Across the U.S. innovative public charter schools are doing just that – weaving ecological lessons into all subjects.

Urge your Governor to support environmental curriculum in Michigan's public schools »

Green charter schools are reinventing the classroom, opening doors for children to learn poetry lessons in edible schoolyards and math lessons on nature walks. These schools are given more autonomy and on-site decision-making, but also considerable responsibility for results.

If we hope to reverse the growing problems of pollution, deforestation, soil erosion and the devastating effect of carbon emissions, we need to teach our children that these environmental values are embedded in our lives and choices. Help open the door for Michigan's children to greener schools »

Thanks for taking action!

Natasha
Care2 Campaign Team

Help Public Schools in Michigan Go Green!
polar bears
Take Action!
The most effective way to make our world a greener place is to teach the value of green living to our children. We need your help to green the schools in Michigan!

To stop receiving this newsletter, visit:
http://www.care2.com/newsletters/unsub/3/0/22882063/244817f2

or send a blank email message to:
ng-u-3-22882063-7840186-12413841-4b76ba34@australia.care2.com

Care2.com, Inc.