E-M:/ Lead fragments in shot deer from bullets

While so far unsuccessfuly trying to find information I was
after in Wisconsin, I cam across this site discussing the
problem of lead fragment contamination of hunter shot deer,
which is relevant to the present Michigan deer season.

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/land/wildlife/lead.htm

scroll down to see xrays of lead fragments in killed game.

Is this enough to get hunters to give up lead bullets?  Probably not....it
may not even be enough to prevent some people from giving lead
contaminated shot deer meat to children and pregnant women.

Note that hundreds of very small lead fragments can occur in the tissue of
shot deer.

657 Spartan Avenue,  East Lansing, MI  48823
(517) 332-6971; ajs@sagady.com