E-M:/ NET METERING CASE: please explain in plain English ...

Enviro-Mich message from "Lowell Prag" <lprag@mail.msen.com>

Can anyone please explain in plain English, this case before
the Michigan Public Service Commission regarding net metering:

http://efile.mpsc.cis.state.mi.us/efile/docs/15316/0025.pdf

I do not understand the utility companies complaint.

It seems to me that paying a sufficient price for net metered energy, to
induce consumers to feed energy into the grid, rather than the contrary,
would be in the interest of the utility companies, as they would receive
the energy with no increased costs, as the consumer is paying for the
equipment to generate the energy which also decreases the utility
companies own expenses in not having to build more power plants.

Regards,

Lowell Prag